open house & SilENT AUCTION - sUNDAY, dECEMBER 8, 1-5 PM
Architect's Rendering The museum will host an Open House on Sunday, December 8 from 2 to 4 pm and will feature entertainment by the Williamston High School Madrigal Singers at 2:30 pm, playing of the Regina music box and refreshments.
In conjunction with the open house the museum is holding a Silent Auction. Thanks to generous friends and businesses the museum is offering a wide variety of items. See below for a complete list of items in the auction and photos of some of the items.
Bidding will begin prior to the Open House, at 1:00 pm and closes at 3:30 pm. Payment and pickup will be from 4:00 until 5:00 pm. A silent auction means each item will have a beginning price listed. If you wish to purchase the item after someone has already bid, your bid must increase the price by a certain (posted) amount. To place a bid, you must come to the Depot.
Proceeds from the auction will benefit the museum in fulfilling its mission to collect, preserve, and display the historical record of the Williamston area and provide educational opportunities through presentations, exhibits and tours. Please bid generously. You never know when or where a “Treasure” or gift is to be found.
For more information, contact Sue Neller at 517-655-1649.
ITEMS IN AUCTION
(as of November 9 - will be update periodically)
1. MSU commemorative mug from the 1988 Rose Bowl
2. Antique vanity set in original box
3. Williamston High School yearbooks
4. Railroad lanterns
5. Wine basket from Burgdorf's Winery
6. Four tickets to the "All-You-Can-Eat Farm Breakfast at the Williamston Masonic Hall, 141 East Grand River, Williamston. Tickets are good on January 5, February 2, March 1 or April 5, 2020 (use one per breakfast or all four at the same time.)
7. Local History Basket
8. Schoenhut toy piano
9. 2 posters advertising the Greenbrier Resort at White Sulphur Springs, WV and getting there via Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad
10. Framed picture of the Northern Lights
12. Infant coat and bonnet, circa 1900 (coat is 31" long)
13. Light House ( 23" high)
14. "Love-Lite" perfume lamp
15. Art on a Scarf - silk scarf with one of local artist Paul Nilsson's sculptures as a design on it.
16. Wooden jewelry box containing soapstone box with floral inlay, 2 lacey floral handkerchiefs, petit point pin, flower lapel vase, evening purse
17. Oak framed mirror, beveled (18-1/2" wide x 22-1/2" long)
18. Assortment of vintage magazine; mostly Saturday Evening Post from 1946 and a few Look from 1963
19. 1999 GM Proving Grounds Calendar
20. 1981 US Capital Historical Society Calendar
21. Framed architect's rendering of the McGoff Performing Arts Center, Williamston High School
22. Wooden Clip Board - label says "Globe Wernicke, Cincinnati"
23. Pillow made from WHS band uniform when those uniforms were retired
CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE FULL VIEW