Sunday, October 6 - History Day Tour
The tour is from 1:00 until 5:00 pm and is different this year in that it takes place in downtown Williamston and will feature stops at former locations of gas stations and automobile dealerships. There will be posters at each of the eight locations to help tell the story of how gas stations and automobile dealerships put Williamston on wheels. Museum board members will be at each stop to answer questions. Participants may start at any of the following stops. The tour is free and extra credit will be given to Williamston High School students who attend, so plan to take a stroll around the downtown on the 6th. Also, be sure to stop at the depot museum, 369 W. Grand River to take in the new exhibit "Rollin' on the River - Auto Dealerships & Gas Stations that put Williamston on Wheels."
1. White Water Wash Laundrymat – 203 East Grand River Avenue
2. Police Department – 175 East Grand River Avenue
3. Red Cedar Grill - 150 East Grand River Avenue
4. D & W Fresh Market – 151 West Grand River Avenue
5. All State Insurance (Woods and Sons Building) - 164 West Grand River Avenue
(next to Szechuan Garden Restaurant)
6. Hungry Howie’s Pizza - 205 West Grand River Avenue
7. Speedway Gas Station - 206 West Grand River Avenue
8. Red Cedar Auto Sales – 324 West Grand River Avenue
Sunday, November 10 - Genealogy Day 2-4 pm
Sunday, December 8 - Christmas Open House 2-4 pm.
Entertainment, refreshments and Silent Auction